Monday, June 22, 2009

Rude Callers

Ok so I work for a small business (an Air Conditioning Company) and after the business is closed I take care of the after hours phone calls, via a phone given to me by the business.
And I do this on my own time, for very little extra pay for doing so.

Now what the hell is up with people calling at 3am? 2am? midnight? 5am?

Seriously people, I DO SLEEP!

And they wonder why I sound grumpy as all hell when I answer the phone at 3am.

Here is the kicker!!!

They call and DON'T EVEN WANT EMERGENCY SERVICES!

What the fuck, seriously. Why not wait and call during BUSINESS HOURS?!
Was it THAT important that you call me at 3am to tell me to give them a message to call you back?
I could see if I was say at the office working the overnight shift and it was my job to stay up all night to take in crazy phone calls.

But it's not.
I do this service for my boyfriends family who want to offer after hours emergency service to its customers.

Here is another thing that bothers me, I answer the phone with the company name + AFTERHOURS. And I get asked at midnight "Oh, the store isnt open?"

Seriously people!? What A/C company has their doors open 24/7? Please enlighten me on that one!


/grumbles

No comments:

Post a Comment