Friday, September 4, 2009

Car Mirrors

So I was picking up my son from school today and was sitting in the car staring out of my rear view and side view mirrors of my car and I got to thinking....

Why do objects in your side view mirror *appear* farther away then what they *actually are*?

Do they WANT us to get into wrecks while we are switching lanes, thinking "that car is farther back, its safe to switch lanes now"?

Here is what the text says on my side view mirror *Objects are closer then they appear*.

I just don't get why they cant make a mirror that shows us a more precise view of what we need to see.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god!
    That is my first time to encounter a post like this. I know that rear view mirror is a mirror in automobiles and other vehicles, designed to allow the driver to see rearward through the vehicle's backlight .

    Usually, the rear-view mirror is affixed to the top of the windscreen on a swivel mount allowing it to be freely rotated. In the past, some cars had the rear-view mirror mounted on top of the dashboard. Rear-view mirrors are designed to break away to minimize injury to occupants who may be thrown against it in a collision.
    I really don't know what happen to your car mirror. You better consult a shop master, An auto mirror shop will be the best.

    ReplyDelete